6.24.2011

Ljubljana and the road to Munich

I apologize in advance for never knowing where I am at any given time. Sometimes I'll be able to know. In the case of last night in Ljubljana, I only remember cause I thought it was a really funny sounding name for a city. The 'J's are actually pronounced like 'Y's, so it's 'Lyublyana' (pronounced 'lee-ub-lee-ay-na'. The last couple of shows have been pretty crazy. Nice turnouts on all of them. This mornings breakfast consisted of bread, pesto, tomatoes, cheese, salami, jelly, and the Slovenian equivalent of nutella.

We made sandwiches with the pesto, cheese, bread and tomatoes, and then a snack later with the 'nutella' and jelly. Twas quite good.

We're on our way to Munich, Germany now. The weather has been pretty sucky the last couple of days, lots of rain. It's cleared up a bit now, but we had to load out in the rain last night, which is always incredibly fun.

Feeling really good, a little sore, but stretching more will help. Doing exercises in the mornings, and pushups and stuff.




So...three hours, €10, and a nice gash in my right calf later, we're finally on our smooth way to Munich. The traffic was horrendous. There were times when we shut the van off and just hung out. There were people peeing on the side of the road (women included), and Andrew from city of ships put on some jap-pop that he had on his iPod, blasted it, and we had a dance party. Some van filled with some c ute German girls were highly amused with us.

For a while a bunch of us were walking/jogging along side the van as we slowly progressed, but we got to a point where we were getting a move on, and I was the only one left outside the van. I had to do a full on sprint to catch up, and when i couldn't run anymore, tried to jump into the open door of the van. That didn't work very well. My left foot was secure, but my right leg got thrown back and slammed into the corner of the door. Because of adrenaline (and i have calves of steel) it didn't tear my leg apart. It left a nice little dent though, and a small abrasion that bled for a little bit. Stupid summer road construction.




Now that we're through that jam, I'm hoping it's smooth sailing to Munich. The adrenaline from running has settled down, and now my leg is starting to hurt a tiny bit (more just pressure than anything). I'm sure I'll be fine to play tonight.




The show was really sweet. The local opener was pretty rad. Being dudes on tour, of course, I instantly noticed the attractive female drummer, and was extra excited when she was really good. The sound coulda been better fir them though. The only part of the drum set that shone through clearly was the floor tom.

The digs for the night are pretty sweet. We were fed a really spectacular vegan chili dinner with rolls. I also made coffee, and we were happy. The people at the show were insane, and really went wild, and in turn, made me go wilder. I'm getting more comfortable playing now, nit as many sore muscles (though, still a few). My calf as well was pretty okay. Every once in a while I'd feel a little pressure, but overall, okay.

We're off to Leipzig tomorrow, only a 4hr drive, should be fun.

No comments: