6.30.2012

Wiesbaden

Got into Germany and had to start paying .50-.70€ to go to the bathrooms at truck stops. So, the bushes got some good watering.

The drive wasn't too long, but mostly because I was able to lay down and rest a bit.

The venue was in the second sub-level of the building, but fortunately there was an elevator. We got fed some nice pasta with what I think was imitation meat, some assorted breads, spreads, and a bunch of candy and cookies.

We weren't able to get the tom holder or the bass cab in time for the show, but we borrowed the snare stand from the first band, who seemed more than happy to let us borrow it, and I quote as saying, "it would be an honor." that sort f weirded me out, but at the same time made me smile.

The show was awesome but very hot, once again. I'm very happy I bought that box fan in Knokke.

After the show we broke down the gear, but we would wait to load out till morning, because we were sleeping at the venue tonight.




Apparently there was breakfast for us this morning. Nothing fancy, just breads and jams, but they packed it up only 30 seconds after I got up, which was before I even knew it was available. Bummed, but fine. I grabbed an OJ from the fridge and went to load gear. I think I got the gear packed quite well, some of my best work maybe. Tetris skills have served me well.

Off to Berlin.




Had some German French-bread pizza...it was okay. I also got an energy drink called 'Relentless' with berry flavour.



It too is...okay.




Got to the venue. It was slightly hard to find behind a building, but it looks fun. Armine is regretting not bringing his skateboard because there is a skate park next door, but the food is good, and the backstage is huge ad comfy.





No comments: