5.06.2009

My van blesses me, and curses all else.

Why is it that everyone but me gets pulled over in my van...other than me. A while ago, I had the van (this is the van that rosetta tours in) inspected, but there was a problem code that came up in the diagnostics about the transmission. I didn't have any time (nor the money) to go get it fixed at that time, so I just let it go and told them I'd be back to finish the inspection once I got it done. I have yet to be back .

A little later my front left headlight went out and I had no problems. We had shows in NY this weekend, and had no problems. Magic happens, the blessing that is me. And when I'm not driving the van, or in the van while it's being driven, the magic disperses (or just follows out). Anyway, my mother had to borrow my van to move something big, and when she was getting gas, a police officer noticed her headlight out, and followed her out of the gas station and gave her a ticket. But just yesterday, my father had to borrow my van because my mother was using his car (for whatever reason). He comes back later that night to tell me that he ran damn red light, got pulled over, the cop noticed the headlight was out, and on top of everything, he couldn't find the registration OR the insurance (which btw was sitting right there in front of him on the frickin' dash board). So now he has five days (I say 'he' when it really means 'me' because the van registered in my name. FML) to go to the police station and present registration, proof of insurance, and a receipt saying the headlight has been fixed.

I have to do this in five days with a) my regular work schedule, b) my recording schedule, c) my freelance work I have to get done by end of week, and d) having shows all weekend.

Overall, this is a major f**k, and it's making me unnecessarily stressed out.


...on a happier note, I found all my old monkey-smileys from my old-old blog which I'll be using to great extent from now on.

No comments: