7.05.2010

Rosetta/City of Ships 2010: Day2

Day2
Pounding headache, sore muscles, but otherwise, super duper. Dave's promising a decadent breakfast of stuffed french toast. Can't wait.

--

Got to the show. The fireworks were already flying all around us. It sounded like a war zone…only prettier. The venue is a house, and the basement we're playing in is 'cozy' which means, we barely fit and it's gonna be god awful hot. Luckily the upstairs living room (where we're also be sleeping tonight) is air-conditioned.

The show was great, aside from matt's power dying half way through the first song cause the power strip he was using had too much stuff plugged into it. We moved some stuff around and everything worked out okay.

After the last band dragged their american flag (which was apparently used it as a prop while they were playing) outside and proceeded to set it on fire.


The air smelled like smoke, and there's still explosions going...

I forgot what I was gonna write now. Armine just showed me a 'brokencyde' video. My jaw dropped and I completely forgot what I was writing about.

…anyway, explosions going off still. There was food. I had 2 sloppy joes, a hotdog, and some chips. I just walked 'Plan 9 from outer space', the movie 'Ed Wood' is about. One of the WORST movies ever…period. I'm downloading Ed Wood right now just cause I haven't seen it in forever, and now having actually seen 'Plan 9 from outer space' it'll be an even greater experience. I also downloaded the Team America soundtrack. There will be much rejoicing in the van tomorrow on the way to…wherever we're going. I can never keep our tour schedule straight.

*checks rosettaband.com for tour schedule*

We're in Chicago tomorrow, or…today. It's now 1:35am and I'm ready to go to bed. I'm still soaked from the show because a) it's so humid I'm not actually drying off, and b) I immediately went into the air-conditioning instead of going to change clothes, which I'll probably do right after posting this. Good night, and another update tomorrow [so long as there is internet available]

No comments: