7.08.2010

Rosetta/City of Ships 2010: Day5

Day5

The Triple Rock Social Club is fantastic. We got to the venue, loaded gear in. It was raining like mad when we get there so we had to rush everything inside. We then headed over to the bar/restaurant they have attached to it. Free food for all the bands, plus, it was Wednesday, and they have free bacon every Wednesday night. I'm not a big eater of the bacon, but when you're on tour, and it's free...that's awesome. We all got stuffed, mostly cause we didn't realize how big the portions were for anything. I ordered an appetizer of chicken quesadillas and then shared a plate of vegan nachos with Casey from Battlefields. Being orders off the appetizer menu, I figured we get something small, and then be able to also dive into the moderate portion of vegan nachos...wrong! When they brought out the food the portions were huge. I got two whole chicken-cheese quesadillas that I was barely able to finish, and the plate of vegan nachos was a giant plate piled extremely high. Now that I think about it, I probably should have gotten pictures of it, but I was too overwhelmed with how much food I was given to eat. Needless to say, we were all completely stuffed afterwards, and all wanted to go to sleep before the show, but instead opened up our laptops and had laptop party before the doors opened.

The sound at this place was fantastic. We've played here before, but I had forgotten how awesome it was. I could actually hear everything Matt and Dave were doing, and actually hear Armine's vocals...crazy! I think we played a good show (I hope). Afterwards, the usual packing up and loading out. City of Ships went to stay with people locally, Battlefields headed out to Fargo, and we were to follow suit once we were packed up. The drive to Fargo was only 3hrs or so, but it was along the most boring, flat, and straight stretch of land, that I was afraid of passing out while driving. I told Matt he needed to drive it, but for some reason I ended up doing it just...because I wanted to. We stopped at a truck stop, which looked like there was some kind of tussle between a couple people, cause there were 2 state trooper cars trying to talk to people, get statements, and overall calm things down. We got our energy drinks and snacks and headed back out. Matt hilariously stayed up and listened to me banter away for 3hrs about god knows what. I think I just thought of every stupid subject I could think of, from cell phones, to upcoming stuff on tour, to how a solar eclipse works (dudes...I was getting tired). We made it here in one piece, and ahead of Battlefields, cause apparently Matt had to spend a little quality time on the porcelain throne at one of the truck stops. He had gotten a cheeseburger quesadilla at the Triple Rock, and I think he was regretting it then.

We slept at Rusty's from Battlefields, and I'm now writing this as I wake from my coma from last night. My legs are falling asleep from sitting on the floor, and I'm also charging up the cell so I can make some calls to my mom. Stay tuned.

No comments: