7.07.2010

Rosetta/City of Ships 2010: Day3 & 4

Day3

Chicago looks exactly how we left it. There was some used fireworks in an elementary school recess yard, which was the most exploded ordinance I've ever seen in one place in my life. The venue wasn't open when we arrived so we walked to the aldi and got some groceries. I got a box of straberries, and a box of cherries.


They were extremely delicious.

After the show we went and stayed with one of the friends of Battlefields. His house was nice and cozy (and had central air). There was also a big dog that was the sweetest thing. I wish I took a picture of her. Nothing else really interesting (or that I can remember after the fact) happened the rest of that day, so...

Day4

Drive was long and boring. It got a little interesting when my cellphone started 'roaming' and was unable to use my GPS. Luckily, both Matt and Armine have cellphones with GPS as well. We got to the VFW in Wausau, Wisconsin. There was a really pretty lake at the end of the parking lot so we stood there and wandered around till we saw someone that looked like they were here for the show.

I was excited when we entered the building, cause it was airconditioned, and also, all hardwood floors, meaning I would actually be able to use my drum rug that I brought, and as of then, had not used. We also went to find a local grocery store, but found a hippy organic grocery store. Everything was entirely too expensive, but it was the only store we could find. Dave had an idea to make tacos/burritos with peppers, beans, etc. So our simple concoction was gonna cost $25...crazy, but it turned out to be really good. I also picked up a giant bottle of Naked blueberry fruit juice.

I felt bad cause I fell asleep during Battlefields, and City of Ships sets. I was just falling asleep on the floor next to my drums. I left and went to the van and passed out in the passengers seat. Finally we played and it was intense. People were really into it, people were rocking out, and singing along with Armine. They even asked for an encore. Armine made mention asking anyone if they have a hottub, which was just a funny way of asking if anyone had a place for dudes to sleep that night. A really nice dude brought us to his parents mansion thing...it's crazy. A designer home, gigantic and beautiful. They also have a huge bull mastiff the size of a picnic table. He fed us some eggo waffles, some leftover hoagies and we went to bed.

Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night on tour and have weird episodes not knowing where I am. The basement we slept in was especially dark, and when I woke up I had a weird waking-dream that I was in some sorta warehouse trying to light candles..it was incredibly weird. As I'm sitting there trying to figure out what to do, I slowly realized I was in some dudes basement in Wisconsin...then tried to go back to sleep. Anyway...that's my unusual story and stuff. Stay tuned.

No comments: