7.08.2012

"To all the beautiful girls in Sweden..."

To quote Paul Stanley.

Getaway rock fest was unbelievably cool, yet, simultaneously annoying and aggravating. I posted a bunch of pictures on twitter throughout the day which I'll post here too.

When hot-pantsed, platinum blonde bombshells are wearing 'crew' and 'security' t-shirts, you know you're in Sweden.

Not too much of a crowd for us. We only played second after kings destroy. Pretty early. More ventured a journey over after I took this photo.


Weedeater are some of the funniest dudes I've had to pleasure to play with, and hang around with and watch their antics.


God is an astronaut were fun dudes. We hung around and chatted it up while they drank and got crazier by the minute. By the end of the fest, the keyboardist was completely off his rocker, and we enjoyed it thoroughly.


I had never heard Engel before, but they were fun to watch. Not really my type of music though.


This is where it got interesting. A Swedish metal band called 'Crucified Barbara' was slated to play before Cult of Luna. This first pic was taken during the end of Engel's set directly behind the stage curtain. I wish I got more, but I was trying to be covert. They were taking cheesy metal posturing photos in front of their stacks, and some of the drummer making faces behind her kit


And then here is one of the many shots I took of them playing.nthey actually did rock quite a bit.


The highlight of my evening however, was seeing behemoth. We can never escape the wide grasp of Poland, and here it was barking at us and running us over with blast beats.


As Crucified Barbara was finishing up, bad news hit as we saw Cult of Luna breaking down their gear, and also, the stage crew breaking down the stage. One of the dudes told us that the drummer apparently landed at the Erin airport (though, that's only one of two or three stories we heard), and was not going to make it in time, so, they didn't okay at all.

All in all, fun time, fun chilling, but, festivals aren't really Rosetta's thing. Freakishly long drive today to Hamburg.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Whoa... Rosetta and God Is An Astronaut on one stage? Together with Jakob and Cult Of Luna it could be a dream squad for me..
I agree close spaces work better for Rosetta, dark rooms of clubs create better atmosphere. Leave festivals for rock&roll bands.

Hey, come on, what's that?
"The highlight of my evening however, was seeing behemoth. We can never escape the wide grasp of Poland, and here it was barking at us and running us over with blast beats."
Polish fans are impatiently waiting for new Rosetta records and shows - and it looks like You don't like us... :-)