7.31.2012

Wollongong, hiking, & Sydney

The venue in Wollongong was also a nice cafe where I had a very good cappuccino.


I was also playing some magic: the gathering on my iPad. It's fun to pass the time with and work on just playing magic, but it's nothing compared to using your own constructed decks against live people.


Here's an overhead shot of City Of Ships playing:


We had a wifi party the next morning before we went for coffee.


And then we headed to the nearby beach.








On our way into Sydney, we picked up some groceries for lunch, then stopped off at a hiking trail. I only made it up about halfway, mostly because I had not stretched, but also cause I had just eaten 4 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.


When we got back to the bottom we were greeted by a couple dogs to play with.





The venue last night in Sydney was another record store. I love playing them because it just feels nice to play where people go to find music anyway, but now they get live music. Playing in-stores are also more intimate than regular venues because they're usually smaller, and have no stage, so you're standing right in front of the audience (or in my case, sitting, a few feet away behind a drums set).


We stayed at a really nice house just outside the city. In the morning we had a bit of a conundrum pertaining to how we would get to the city. The vans couldn't go, because it would suck to drive, and parking would be expensive, but then again, taking public transport would be mildly expensive too.


Ultimately, and much to my dismay, the decision was made to take the bus to the city. This decision was made while I was in the shower, and they, for some reason didn't wait for me to get out, and so I was stuck at the house all day to do nothing.


I got to spend some time to nap, brush up on Internet things, talk to people at home, and mess about writing music on my iPad. So, overall not a total loss of a day. I also had a pretty stellar kebab for lunch.


Off to Canberra tomorrow.

No comments: