7.04.2012

Last days in Poland

I forgot to post the picture we took with meniscus in Warsaw, so here it is.





Before we took off from Warsaw, we got to have some fun at the mall. I personally hate malls, but, it was hot, and they're air conditioned, so I wasn't about to complain.

I didn't purchase anything. Partially because I didn't need anything, and I want hungry, but also, I was out of zloty.

Matt got some socks, Armine got some pants...


And I also got a picture of all of us to send to my mom.






All was well on the drive from Warsaw to Poznan, but our first stop at a truck stop, despite the usual happiness that comes from polish hot doggies, the kings destroy van got a flat and we had to deal with that madness. Even between both vans, we didn't have the full toolset to complete the tire change. We enlisted the aid of some dude that was sitting next to us in the parking lot.

The poor guy was nice enough to help us out, and had the right tools for the job, except he had I deal with a group of stupid Americans that had barely any idea what they were doing. It also didn't help that more than half the dudes that were drinking last night were still partially drunk.




When we finally rolled into Poznan, I instantly recognized the venue. We had played here last year. I didn't recognize it and remember entirely fond memories. I immediately though of the 3 story load-in we were about to be tortured with.

We got good food though, before the load-in. Last year we had pizza. It wasn't bad pizza, but we had pizza almost every night last year. This year we specifically put in our rider, "no pizza" so we have been treated to some really nice dishes, some home cooked, some store bought.

Load-in was quick, and we had only enough time to get a fast sound check with the drums, then kings destroy got up and started playing.

I don't know where we're sleeping tonight, but I hope it's somewhere with air ventilation, or, I at least remember to bring in my fan. It's been pretty hot. Not like home in Philadelphia, but, pretty brutal compared to last year.

No comments: