6.28.2009

Europe day 12 and 13

--day 12
Internetted this morning, on the road to holland now. Only a 2hr drive
or so. Lots of horses and cows here. Had a monster from the the waffle
place from yesterday. Twas delicious. Davey from maudlin and his
parents really took care of us these past few days. If I had the
capacity to learn all these languages, I'd move to Belgium. People
here speak german, Dutch, French, and some eve Spanish or portougese.
Respect.

Pigs, cows, and horses, oh my! Passing a ton of animal farms while
travelling through holland. Some interesting smells too.

Arrived in leowarden (at least, I think that's how it's spelled) and
it is exactly how I'd imagine a Dutch town. Feel like I'm in a dream.
First thing the city of ships dudes did was go to a hashbar and smoked
up, I had a cup of coffee and watched them. Wandered around a bit,
beautiful city, lots of bikes. The bicycles have their own road on the
streets. Lots of very attractive women...as every city so far in
Europe. Getting food, dropping bags off at where we're sleeping, then
playing. The bar is playing awesome European ska, it's incredible.

Tasty spaghetti dinner. We got some awsome pizza from next door too.
We were getting taken l where we were going to sleep. It was upstairs
of a bar around the corner. As we walk in our feet stick to the floor,
and I still get. Weird vibe as we head upstairs. Once we get to the
top, the hostess opens the door and it's this gigantic luxury
apartment-type deal (I'll take pictures). Came back and started
getting stared at by the cute bartender and this cute girl she was
talking to...maybe I'll dig up the guts to one or the other. It's more
likely I'll talk to the other girl cause female bartenders I think
brush guys off cause everyone hits on them. Who knows. Waiting for the
show to start.

People and place were great, but no one really showed up.

greatest night ever. Met a dude that played WoW, went to the place
we're staying (which is a two story dance club pounding away all
night) and Eric [from city of ships] tried to do laundry and blew the
fuse to the whole floor. The bartender said he can only reset the
breaker if he resets the whole building, so he can't do it till after
people stop partying...which from the sound of it, sounds like never.
Onto tilberg tomorrow.

--day 13
All of a sudden woke up and missed my mom and dad. I guess
homesickness is settling in. Only a couple shows left. Part of me
doesn't want to go home, the other part wants desperately to. Tilberg
is supposed to be an amazing show, then we part ways with city of
ships and head to gdansk with blindead to play with sepultura, haha.

Got to tilburg. A lot more commercial place than leowarden. Fun
looking place though. There's a festival type thing going on. We
stopped at this place called 'karnak' after wandering around for food
for a bit. The place looks good. Armine and I just ot a margarita,
which is (which I first learned in Australia) just plain old cheese
pizza. Venue is huge. Apparently disturbed is playing here tomorrow
night, coalesce after that. Feels good to be able to be playing in
such a big-name place.

Dressing room here is crazy, the placeis rediculously hot though. The
dressingroom has showers, so I'm gonna go take a cold one.

No comments: