6.23.2009

Europe, day 6 (cont) and 7

--day 6 (cont)
Got spoiled in Budapest with a buffet dinner. Food was delicious. Was
Hungarian pasta and turkey in some sort of tomato sauce, plus lettuce
in salt and vinigar. Apparently the sound guy here is the 'american'
type of sound guy, and thinks we're too loud. Working out the problem
now.

Some girl came up to the merch table confessing her love for our band
and cried as she gave Armine a hug.

So yea, the show was...rediculous. I'll dive right into it...Armine
got propositioned by a girl to have sex with him, but I'll get back to
that.

People went nuts when we played. I had stage lights shining on me
blocking most of my view of the crowd, but I'm told that people were
swaying, jumping over each other, and pretty much going crazy the
whole time we played. There were people once again asking or
autographs, and some people almost bleeding their heart out saying
they loved is and we were their favorite band ever, like that girl
that cries as she hugged Armine.

Okay, once we were done the show, Armine was socializing, and we sat
down and signed auographs, which was crazy in and of itself, but there
was this one girl that kept inching herself closer and closer to him.
Finally when he got up to start packing up, she popped up and started
admiring him really closely. I walked away for literally a second, and
then everyone was whispering about that girl hitting on him, and
(Armine told me this) she was 'heavy petting' and rubbing her chest
against his hand. Apparently she got really intense, but Armine held
to something 'rock stars' don't usually have, morals. Meaning, he
didn't take advantage of this horribly drunk girl, almost literally
throwing her vagina at him. Best part is, she has a boyfriend, and he
hit on matt's wife.

At the hostel now, no wifi. I'll have better luck tomorrow in the city
where apparently, there's wifi everywhere.

--day 7
Awesome breakfast at the hostel kitchen. Pretty girls eating at the
same time as me, obviously I'm too chicken to talk to them even if my
intentions are strictly conversational. Spiderman 3 was playing on the
television in the cafeteria, but even dubbed in Hungarian, it's still
a really bad movie.

Armine, matt and wife went out to see the sites. I'm gonna sleep more,
and maybe take a shower. On to Vienna today. We meet up with matt's
sister and friend. I'm stoked.

Budapest sidenote: this hostel is the first time this tour that I
haven't had to use sandpaper toilet paper. Very happy about this.

Stuck at the hostel bored. Matt, wife, and Armine went out to see the
sites. I didn't feel like wandering today. Good thing too, cause it
started raining a bit after they left. I'd love to go back to the
venue to get wifi, but I'll just wait for somewhere else. I'm assuming
the venue or hostel in Vienna will have wifi, so till then, i'll just
write my notes.

Sat out on the couch near the front door of the hostel for a bit
reading some Budapest literature. Some group was clearing out of their
rooms. Thy were all girls, all (at least what it sounded like from
their language) Swedish, and all gorgeous as all hell.

Waiting outside a grocerey store in Budapest. Apparently the blindead
dudes wanted to get wine, or something.

Starting to realize it's no big deal to drive Mercedes here. It's
like, the Volvo or ford of the EU. We're touring in a Mercedes, haha.

First bad weather of tour. Got a rainstorm on the way to Vienna.

Got stoked for a second when we arrived to the venue cause there was a
big outdoor part, but remembered it was raining. Then we went inside
and the venue was still pretty big, pretty cool. Sound checking now,
then...fooood.

Food was awesome. I love Vienna food. Show soon.

Tried to connect to the wifi, but it failed, maybe tomorrow.

Show was okay. Unusual personal problems made the show weird (at least
for me) but people still enjoyed it all the same. On to Leipzig,
Germany today.

No comments: