6.16.2009

Made my first international purchase...

Cost me 4.05 euros...which is like, $6 US. Got an orange soda and some pretzel sticks, w00t. The flight wasn't that long, but it was annoying. For one, I was unusually uncomfortable. Usually I'm fine on planes for sleeping, but for some reason this time I had trouble getting to sleep. Secondly, we apparently sat in front of 2 gentleman from the Philadelphian Italian Mafia, and their mother, whom which they were taking back to the motherland...and they're loud, and obnoxious, yay!

On the plus side, I'm in Germany. This is my first official post of the Europe tour. If I connect to the wifi at the Frankfurt airport wifi, I have to pay $0.18 per minute...so I'm not gonna do that, and just wait till I have free wifi to upload my posts. I already have a picture. Took it of the Germany equiv. of our 'Air Mall'. It's advert-fail, and I love it. Matt said to me after this, "there will be a lot of 'english fail' all over Europe." I'm excited.

Check out the bottom left hand corner:


We're here on a layover waiting at Frankfurt airport to fly to Wroclaw (still don't know how to pronounce it), Poland. At that point, we get to where we're staying, which I think is a hotel of some sort, then Matt checks over his gear, makes sure it works properly, then I think we're gonna try to practice with our rented/borrowed gear here or something that. I've been informed that I am not allowed to fall asleep when we get to our hotel in Poland, otherwise I'll be set to that sleep schedule for all of tour, and I will be miserable. So, I'm sad, but at least after todays torture, I'll have a normal sleep schedule, and sleep like baby when I finally do.

So, I'm gonna take a nap on the floor of the airport here waiting for a flight (which i not for another 2 hours) then on the flight to Poland, drink LOTS of coffee.

--Later...

A dude approached me as we were boarding the flight from Frankfurt to Wroclaw. He asked us if we were a band. I thought to myself "are we that dirty already? that we look raggedy enough to be a band on tour?" He introduced himself, and said he was gonna be in town for a while and when/where we were playing. I gave him the info, and I'm hoping to see him at the show tonight.


On the flight. Had a ham and butter roll sandwich thing, and a mars bar. It was yummy, the mars bar was cold too. :)


We then landed in Poland, and I needed to use the toilet. I asked an old lady if she was in line for the bathroom, but she responded in German. Luckily I'm awesome at charades...and had no clue what she said, so I just nodded and smiled. Once done, we collected out bags, thanking jeebus that everything got there alright (as far as we knew at that point, cause matt still had to check if his amp actually worked when he turned it on).

I'm writing this as matt is flipping out reconstructing his amp, we're in awe at the venue, and I just had a coffee (plus the one from the plane, and the one from the plane before that...) but I want more coffee :)


I'll post more pix once we get to the hotel...or something, wee! Poland!

--

No comments: